News you can use from District Governor Jose Velasco:
The following is a series of events, fundraisers, activities, or service projects we hope you will want to participate in to increase fellowship-friendships within our district and beyond! We hope you will take the opportunity to be there, share, participate and enjoy even if you are not from the community where the event is being held.
- On Saturday, August 6 the Southern Assembly – the first such gathering this year – will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Saint George. It will be a day of fellowship, learning and fun for Rotarians, Rotaractors and guests with a panel session, workshops, and a dinner, to include your +1.
- On Monday, August 15, you are invited to join with Ogden Rotary Club for the 4th Annual Service Above Self golf tournament fundraiser on the Wolf Creek Resort Golf Course. Funds raised will provide scholarships for Weber County high school graduates who have embraced the “service above self” mission of Rotary in giving continued service in their communities.
- September 7 – 12 Rotarians from District 4100 Puerto Peñasco and Caborca, MX will visit Utah starting in St. George and traveling north to Salt Lake and Park City in an Exchange between our friends south of the border and Utah Rotary D5420.
- On Thursday, September 8 Rotarians throughout the district are invited to join Millcreek Rotary at Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City for the Wine into Water fundraiser to support clean water projects worldwide.
- On Saturday, September 24, you are invited to participate with St. George Sunrise Rotary for their annual Evening of Elegance in St. George.
- It will be two hours of live TV when District 5420 hosts a Global Fundraiser to support efforts to eradicate polio – finally and forever – on Saturday, October 15 at the Park City TV studios. Also participating are champions of the End Polio Now campaigns and Foundation in your clubs.
- Monday, October 24 is World Polio Day 2022. All Utah clubs are encouraged to create an activity or event focusing on the final eradication of polio then ask your public image committee to promote far and wide throughout your community.
- On the weekend of November 10 – 12, Rotary Zone 26/27 will present “Trails to Peace” at the Salt Lake City Hyatt Hotel. Rotarians from 30 Districts, including 5420, are invited to attend. For more information, see https://trailstopeace.com/
- Members of Hispano-Latinos Rotary of South Salt Lake will be in Cuba November 26-December 3 for a Humanitarian Service Project while enjoying the culture and meeting the Cuban people.
Stay tuned for more News you can use next month!
Jose Velasco, Governor (RY2022-23)
Utah Rotary District 5420