June 20 - 26, 2020
2020 Rotary Virtual Convention
Now More Than Ever, Rotary Connects the World: The 2020 Rotary Virtual Convention will join you with Rotary participants around the world during a time of unprecedented challenges.
Together, we’ll still experience the spirit of Rotary, be inspired by innovation, celebrate our resilience, and explore how clubs are addressing COVID-19. Experience Rotary in action during our Flag Ceremony, witness the power of connection during our general sessions, learn new ways to engage with Rotary during our breakout sessions, find inspiration from our global speakers, and much more.
We have never needed Rotary — and we have never needed each other — more than we do now. We hope to see you online, because Now More Than Ever, Rotary Connects the World.
Save the Date
June 26, 2020
Evening of Opportunity: DGE Linda Sappington’s Installation and Much, Much More!
Evening of Opportunity
Rotary Opens Opportunities. As Rotarians, we’ve experienced great opportunity and will live the new Rotary International theme as we move forward with our service. Rotarians across the state of Utah are invited to join us online on Friday evening, June 26 (7:00-8:30pm) as we look to the future, installing incoming District Governor Linda Sappington.
It will be a fun and impactful 90 minutes hosted by legendary Rotarian Devin Thorpe. As emcee, Devin will mix it up with some fun and surprises. The program will feature an insightful recap from this past year’s District Governor John Hanrahan. We will also welcome an important voice from the Rotary International Board, Johrita Solari, and be making the 2019 – 20 Rotary Club of the Year and Rotoract Club of the Year Awards. And don’t be surprised if there are a few special guests!
It’s an evening of fun and entertainment, along with a few surprises, with your Rotary friends from all across our great state.
Register for free today! You’ll then receive the link for online gala, which will be conducted on Zoom. You may login from your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or other mobile device. Or you may dial-in from a phone for listen only. It will be a great time to see your Rotary friends and welcome new District Governor Linda Sappington.
Join us for an evening of fun and entertainment Utah Rotary Online Installation Gala
June 27, 2020
(Virtual) Boards-Elect Training Seminar
(VIRTUAL) BOARDS-ELECT TRAINING SEMINAR
WHAT’S NEW? WHAT’S NECESSARY? WHAT ISN’T NEW … OR NECESSARY?
Saturday, June 27, 2020 in Salt Lake City
9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
WHO’S EXPECTED TO ATTEND?
- Presidents-elect / Presidents-elect Nominees who did not attend High Country PETS in February
- Membership Chairs are invited to bring your best practices relating to both recruitment and retention for a meeting with new Membership Chair Scott Florence.
- Foundation Chairs will get the opportunity to learn more about The Rotary Foundation and all the ways clubs and members can give.
- Public Image Chairs will meet together with District PI Chair Pearl Wright to discuss the WHY of PI and explore the many ways available for getting the word out about your club activities and events.
- Service Chairs will find new service ideas while exploring the RI website, preparing for the annual District Service and Impact Report and sharing your best ideas and projects.
- Youth Chairs will meet with District Youth Exchange, RYLA and Interact chairs … and with Youth Protection Officer Penny Atkinson to better understand these important programs for the future of Rotary.
- Rotaract Chairs because you’ll need to know how this Rotary program will look and feel after July 1, 2020.
…. As well as any and all club members who wish to attend!
Your pre-BETS homework is as follows:
- Sign up for a myrotary account on rotary.org prior to BETS.
- Review club goals for RY2019-20 and consider what goals you wish to set for RY2020-21.
Familiar Rotary acronyms include RI (Rotary International), RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award), RLI (Rotary Leadership Institute); GETS (Governor-elect Training Seminar), PETS (Presidents-elect Training Seminar) and many others. Now we’re adding BETS (Boards-elect Training Seminar aka District Assemblies) to our alphabet soup. Join District leaders and board members from other clubs around the district for (virtual) BETS 2020-21.