April 24, 2021
District Conference 2021
Rotarians, Rotaractors, Interactors, District Leaders and others … welcome to this year’s Utah Rotary District Conference. Our gathering on Saturday, April 24 will be a VIRTUAL event, but here is what we have planned for you:
- Excellent speakers on interesting and timely topics
- Awards for Rotary excellence, including the introduction of this year’s Rotarian of the Year
- Winners announced for the District’s Clean-up Challenge
- A video challenge – “Remembering 2020” – between clubs (deadline for submission is April 7)
- If you are in St. George, we will have an early Saturday morning service opportunity in glorious Snow Canyon State Park
- If you are still in St. George on Saturday evening, we will have a bar-be-que dinner, with entertainment by country singer Eric Dodge and line dance instructions
- … and much more!
Register TODAY at 5420dc.org, including a donation of $42 to Polio Plus … and watch for more detailed information in an e-mailbox near you.
May 1, 2021
Membership and Foundation Break-out
Saturday, May 1, 2021 9:00-10:30am: Interactive break-out rooms with your District Committee Chairs and Specialists in Membership and Foundation. Come to learn and ask questions in these critical areas.
May 15, 2021
Public Image 101 and Youth Programs
Saturday, May 15, 2021 9:00-10:45am: Public Image 101 with District Public Image Chair, Pearl Wright and then a discussion of the new Rotaract-Rotary partnership, as well as a brief overview of the ‘why do it and how to do it’ of Interact, RYLA, and Youth Exchange.
Pearl will cover:
• Brand Center at rotary.org and the resources there.
• District website – the PI resources there.
• District newsletter (updating your member roster regularly, submit blurbs to Club Hub)
• Social media basics – or where to find resources
• People of Action billboards in the District and how clubs might tie in with their social media.
• Learning Center resources for Public Image including how to take a photo that tells your club’s
May 15, 2021
Club Secretary Training
Saturday, May 15, 2021 11:00am-Noon: Club Secretary Training. Be sure your Club Secretary is aware of this date, and attends! Presented by District Governor Linda Sappington.
June 5, 2021
Club Youth Chair Training
Saturday, June 5, 2021 9:00-10:00am: Club Youth Chair Training in Rotary International required Youth Protection protocols. Presented by Past District Governor Penny Atkinson.