Utah Rotary Large Club of the Year – Dixie Sunrise Rotary
Daniel Webster defines the word “vibrant” as “characterized by energy and/or activity. Vivacious, animated, alive” which certainly describes the Rotary Club of Dixie Sunrise, the RY2020-21 recipient of Utah Rotary District 5420’s Large Club of the Year.
Leaders of Dixie Sunrise have always believed in, as well as exemplified, “fun” as a measure of a strong Rotary club. But they have also excelled in “service above self” with many, regular “bigger, better, bolder projects which change lives.” Here are some of their accomplishments which earned them this recognition:
- Added 7 members during the pandemic and
- Among the first few clubs in the district to earn this year’s Rotary Citation.
- A 100% EREY club including five new Paul Harris Fellows and a new Major Donor
- Sponsor of a community-based Interact club (perhaps the 1st such Interact club in the state)
- Sponsor of the about-to-charter Southern Utah Veterans Satellite Rotary Club, one of only 3 veterans cause-based Rotary clubs in the United States.
- Among their 70 members, more than 75% have a MyRotary account
- Assembled and distributed food boxes this year to more than 20,000 low-income families and/or food-insecure individuals in and around St. George.
DSR’s first in-person meeting post-pandemic was a creative program celebrating the 117th birthday of Dr. Suess, complete with costumes … and during which they also inducted a new member; presented 2 certificates of completion of 12 hours of Rotary Leadership Institute; awarded 5 PHF awards; introduced their club’s 1st major donor; and announced the Little Lending Library, as their newest “service above self” project.
Dixie Sunrise Rotary is “service above self on steroids” and is now also Utah Rotary District 5420’s Large Club of the Year!!!